Sunday, July 30, 2006

Coming along

Caulkboy and Red came over Saturday after all the rain and helped me put the siding on the addition to the garage. Now all I have to do is put a little trim on and I'll be good to go.

Also Saturday while it was raining I had the chance to put my new bike back together. I got the motor back from the crew at B&J last Friday and I have been chomping at the bitt to get it going.

Once I got it started and run it through about five heat cycles it was time to take it out in the yard and see how it was going to feel. It felt pretty good but I think I might have to go to a different carburetor and silencer , but I was pleased with the results so far. Oh just a note to anyone thinking of modifying and old bike. A KT 250 sold brand new in 1975 for $940 , I have at this point spent $3160 and done a lot of the modifications myself. To me its worth every penny.

4 Comments:

At 3:23 PM, Blogger Nubbie said...

Looking Good, Cap E Tan!!!!

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger Pee Wee said...

Ah. It's good to see another cheater bike come to the fore. Just like Nubbies. Or mine, for that matter! haha

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger Nubbie said...

That's gunna be a killer bike, once you get it PAINTED.

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger Trialsin1 said...

Hey Dick, I'm putting together a KT 250 and your name keeps coming up. So far I have only put springs in the front, a new rear tire, a throttle, kill switch, removed the injector system and a few other small odds and ins.

I'm looking at shocks next and can't decide on handle bars. I put some TL bars on it but they seem way too low. I noticed KTs stock bars are pretty high, I guess there's a reason for that. Would you recommend stock bars? I'm looking at NJB shocks and Rock Shocks which are about twice the price of the NJBs, any recommendations?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home