Wednesday, July 05, 2006

4th of July weekend

The boys and I and Henry took off Monday to play a little golf out at Henry Horton state park.

It was hot as hell , but that helped the beer go down better. I know it looks like Barry is in deep thought about his putt , but is really trying to figure out why he out drove me by 80 yards and I had a tap in par and he's putting for boogie.

Here we see the Beast in a little trouble next to the green. A well placed shot ended up stuck in this tree trunk. Don't feel to bad for him though I think he still got his par. I had a similar situation on #6 where I placed my lob wedge about 10 foot up a tree. Good riddens. We had a Ball.
Barry ...97
Troy ...104
Henry ...107
Cpt ...110
This brings us to the 4th. The "siding guys" had a job to do the morning of the 4th. Now I'm going to tell you we we're hung over , it was hot ( about 98) so we wasn't having a lot of fun. We knocked it out and went home for some much needed showers and proceeded to drink and try a new kind of firecracker.

This is "the Works" a toilet bowl cleaner you can get at the Dollar General store for a buck or two. All you got to do is take some aluminum foil and make some balls about half as big as a marble. Put 8 or 10 of them in a plastic bottle ( water,gatoraid,etc.) then pour the Works in the bottle. Just enough to cover the balls. Screw the lid back on and get the hell back. In about a minute the bottle will expand to 3 times it's size and then blow like a 12 gauge shot gun.

This is the remains of one of the bottles. Every time we set one off we would giggle like a bunch of school girls. This was cheaper than fireworks and it made us laugh. You can't get any better than that. If you use toilet bowl cleaner for fireworks , you might be a Red Neck. I love that shit.

6 Comments:

At 9:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Far out man.I need more details.

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Pee Wee said...

Sounds like a good 4th to me!

I know that particular pyro-technic, PoPo taught it to me, and it's a good one!

 
At 10:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh.. Jeff Foxworthy has a word for you people. Would I be right to assume that no women were involved in this?

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Pee Wee said...

Hey, wait a minute! You talked about putting your lob wedge up a tree. I thought you were talking about the shot, but you mean you PUT YOUR LOB WEDGE CLUB up a tree!

Way to go Vern!

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger cpt. Dick said...

The club ended up in the tree and I was never so happy.

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger Pee Wee said...

Jeez, glad I never acted like that! HAHAHAHAHAHA............

 

Post a Comment

<< Home