Monday, August 20, 2007

Greeneville Trials

Starting from the beginning. When you go to a Trial in the rugged woods with terrain that you can barely walk on you have to find a spot some what level to set up your tent. We thought that this spot next to the tennis court would be the ticket.
After a hard and hot day of setting up the sections it was time to sit around the camp fire and drink a few and play a few tunes. The camp fire ended up being a Colman lanturn due to the heat , but thats all right.
Here is Malcolm playing while one of 3 Great Danes gets into the music. The dogs were cool and had a great time hanging with a cool bunch of Trials riders.

OK here is the first picture of Barry in his first section at his first Trials. Sorry about the blurred photo's but I was as nervous as he was.


This hill was kicking his ass all day , but he did manage to get it on the last loop. I was pretty proud of the way that he rode because he had never been on any terrain like this. Steep hills , loose leaves , loose dirt , but handled it well. Check out his blog here for more imformation.



3 Comments:

At 7:24 AM, Blogger Caulkboy said...

That hill in the last picture got the best of me all day. I couldn't even do a wheelie up the hill like on section 6.

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Pee Wee said...

Good on the Caulkboy, I thought he did great, especially considering he has so little seat time on a motorbike. Seriously.

Too cool that the Captain and his Kid get to ride together. I'm damn glad that I know what that's like. Damn glad.

 
At 7:32 AM, Blogger Caulkboy said...

That was pretty cool getting to ride with dad. Everybody I rode with helped me with the butterflies (more like bats) i had in my stomach. It's also pretty spooky seeing your pops fly off a hill after running into a tree doing a whopping 3 mph.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home