Sunday, October 14, 2007

golf tournement

Saturday Barry had us play in a scramble to help the Christiana little league. From left to right is me , Snappy , Big A and Barry. We turned in a score of 70, one under that didn't make the top 10 scores. I think a 61 won it. What I found interesting was each kid on the ball team was responsible for a golf team. It cost $280 per team , if you didn't get a golf team to play for you you had to pay the money yourself ( or mom and dad ). I sure am glad all of mine are done playing.
You want a big hitter that can get you off the tee box so you have a good chance at getting on the green and close to the pin. Well Barry done a good job of that all day until we got to the 5th hole. A dog leg right par 4 he managed to drive through the fairway and almost onto US highway 231.
Maybe next year we will keep score a little better.

5 Comments:

At 10:27 PM, Blogger Nubbie said...

Scrambles are fun and always remember it's only cheating if you get caught

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Pee Wee said...

Ummmm....Barry, driving from the tee box has nothing to do with the highway.

And I'm with Nubbie, keeping score in a scramble is a good time to use your creative math skills.

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger Caulkboy said...

Yer right. A number of circumstances were present to allow my drive to end up near the highway. 1 - Dog leg right which is normally a good thing for me and my slice. 2 - I hooked the shit out of that one. 3 - My drive landed on the backside of a hill which helped propell my ball towards on-coming traffic.

 
At 7:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How come you are the only one in the picture without a club?Was that part of the scoring problem?

 
At 2:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow a picture of me and no comments about 'mysterious pee shadows' or checking out some dude in a diaper. Relief!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home