Sunday, February 12, 2006

Last of birthday


Photos by Mike Abernathy

Ok this is the end of my birthday week. Saturday night Patsy and I thought we would go see a friend and his band play at this new bar that happened to be close to the house. We get there and find that they must not have been expecting a very big crowd.........EVER. So after wading through the mud we made our way to the back door , that was open dispite the 20 degree temps. On entering next to the door is a girl in a bikini selling Corona's out of a barrel full of ice. Later on they did shut the door , but I never did take my coat off or did I get hot. Once we got in we noticed that we were in a biker bar. Ok, we've never been in one so lets check it out. Along with the small flea market of shirts , hats and tatoo's , the big show before the band started was the hamster races. Next to the dance floor is where you will find the motorcycle show. Three bikes and only one with a motor on it. The picture is the winner of the bike show " Willett Run Racing" , the answer is NO. I don't know but there must be a Biker law that you stand in all of the walkways and talk. You could stand in line for the restroom for about ten minutes only to find out there is no line. The band was great as they always are. If they had a name I would tell you so that if you got the chance you could see them , but they just like to play and kind of pick and choose their gigs. We did manage to have a good time whatching the Biker want to be's and trailer park trash try to dance and show off their 1970 wardrobe and tatoo's. I might be going back for the panty races if I can find out what night it 's on.

4 Comments:

At 8:18 PM, Blogger Pee Wee said...

HAHAHA! Sounds like a great birthday week and it sounded like a great birthday at the biker bar through the phone when I talked to you! I'm sure Mike and the band were great, looking forward to hearing them.
Good blog.

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Caulkboy said...

Which one was I? Was I a trailer trash or a wanna be biker trying to dance? Anyway, don't forget about the bartender commenting, and let me put this delicately, "what I really want is some d@#%" (slang for detective)

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger Caulkboy said...

And also, didn't someone win a tatoo in a raffle..no joke!

 
At 6:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe it went "I want some d@#$", about as loud as she could say it. I did see the tatto booth and dont forget the fat girl that pulled her fun bags out while the corona girl was gone. Ohh yea this is sorry camera man Mike. I did know if my picture was blurry or just my vision.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home