Thursday, August 03, 2006

Back around Christmas a student from M.T.S.U. ask me if I would do some welding for them on a racecar. He explained that this is a project that they can do for an extra grade. Build a car and race it against other colleges. Only thing is you have to beg borrow and steal what ever it takes to build it. So being a race fan I said I would weld their frame and suspension parts.

They brought me the frame in 3 pieces and I welded them together and finally welding all 3 together to make the car. The car has a 600 Honda motorcycle motor for power. They had it out in California a couple of weeks ago for a competition.

The car is geared to run about 75 or 80 m.p.h. It looks like a lot of fun to drive. I'm not sure how they did in the race but I was glad to hear that none of the welds failed.

4 Comments:

At 9:09 PM, Blogger Pee Wee said...

Whoa, I'll bet that is a hoot to drive. The ultimate in go-Karts! Good job Captain.
I noticed the Lane Motor Museum as sponsors, what a cool place. Sam and I were there a couple weeks ago (we got tossed out at closing time, too much cool shit!) but I haven't had time to blog it yet.....

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger Nubbie said...

College Project!!! What a great way to get your parents to pay for your race car project.
Very Cool!

 
At 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

GOOD JOB--LOOKS LIKE A LOT OF FUN--MOM

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger The Crew @ B and J said...

Say Cpt. think we can talk them into letting us take it to the airport and go for a spinnnnnnn?
Tell them how good we are with engines ...yea go ahead lie!
The Guru

 

Post a Comment

<< Home