Monday, April 21, 2008

Cuba Mo.

This past week end Barry and I took the 400 mile drive to Cuba Mo. for the first round of the ITSA Midwest series trials. I have been wanting to go up there for awhile , but just couldn't pull it off. Man what a fun place for a Trials. A lot of shelf rocks, rolling rocks and just rocks. A great group of guys and fun to hang with. The weather was great , no rain with temps in the 70's. We had the pleasure of riding with the 3 gentlemen pictured below. Top to bottom is Mel , Dennis and Bob. I had to hand it to them for hanging in there all day because each one of them is at least 70 years old. There was no quit in these guys and I thought that was pretty cool.




One of the best moments was when Mel on his 3d loop first section went up a rock done a wheelie was off the bike turned around 360 degrees still doing a wheelie dropped the bike over the tape looked up at me and said "one". I would have liked to have giving him a one just for the entertainment factor. More to come later.

2 Comments:

At 10:11 PM, Blogger Pee Wee said...

Good pics! They seem like cool guys.

Boy, you're not kidding, what a great place for a trials. Don the Trials-Master kicked my ass!

 
At 7:31 AM, Blogger Caulkboy said...

Excellent time! Those guys were absolutely cool as hell. If I got the story right, Dennis started the event riding the B line and wisely stepped back to the D line.

Probably a wise move.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home