Thursday, May 04, 2006

Nitro Harley's

The Bristol race was my first time seeing the Nitro Harley's. What I have seen of them on tv was not that impressive. These bikes are a bit on the extreme side. I asked one of the riders how much horse power it had and he said " oh I don't know around 900".

Now I don't know what you like to ride , but that didn't sound like anything I wanted to throw my leg over. The first couple of rounds they were a little disappointing. As the week end went on though they picked it up and put on a pretty good show. These fire breathing beasts would carry the front tire 1000 feet and when it came down it looked like a 747 landing. Times in the 6.20 range and speeds over 220. The riders would throw there ass from one side to the other steering this thing with the front wheel in the air and the bike perched on a 20 inch wide back tire. These guys were insane. Entertaining though.
This last picture is of the chain. I thought it was a double chain to hold this much horse power. Then I took a closer look and found that it had 4 plate links on each side with the Inside plate being a lot thicker than the other 3. A lot of respect goe's out to these guys. Check out the Spiderman on a so called Kawasaki. 100% hand made with small block Chevy rods.

8 Comments:

At 11:21 PM, Blogger Pee Wee said...

Good blog, nice pics!

Damn, what a chain......As far as slinging a leg over that beast.....fuck that!

 
At 1:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second the motion (on the pictures). I might add that those bikes are capable of shooting 220 mph grit - right at a telephoto lens with the same hairball accuracy.

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger Nubbie said...

Do they have a Class for the KT?

 
At 9:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm bettin' you were sportin' wood all the time you were there.Yes or no?

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger cpt. Dick said...

No class for the KT. There is a lot of hills that I would race them up. No I wasn't sporting wood, over the bikes that is.

 
At 5:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

 
At 5:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

 
At 5:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home