Sunday, April 23, 2006

Buying time



A week ago I was out at the ranch for a little riding and fun with the boys. The Guru told me of a little prodject that would buy him some time to get my motor done. So my first question was whats this going to cost? No no no you being the welding expert that you are this will be a piece of cake. Well liking to be buttered up and all I said OK what is it. You need to move your rear shocks down to give you more travel and a smoother transition over obstacles. Well my head is still swollen from all the flattery so I said OK. I got the shock mounts made and welded to the
frame and ready for the crew at B&J to make the new Falcon shocks to fit it. A blog to come in the near future. I was out in the garage and looking at my bike I noticed a slite problem. The chain guard was going to be in the way of the new shock location. So I went to work on the problem. The first picture is the stock chain guard. I then took out my snips and cut about 3 1/2 inches out of the main body. This thing is made of 20 gauge material or less so tig welding was the only option. I fired up the old welder , turned her down and got after it. This went pretty well , as I didn't have to chase any holes for an hour like when I welded the tank.

So now that thats done all we got to do is a little grinding and its off to the paint booth , ( a bungie cord hanging from the rafters). After a couple of Miller Lites she's ready for installation. This is my version of the Nubbie. I'll bet the Guru didn't think of this being a problem. I can't wait to strap my ass to this thing. Modern Twin Shock look out!





4 Comments:

At 2:07 PM, Blogger Caulkboy said...

Man, us Septers aint used to having something that is too long and gets in the way.

 
At 10:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Work hard all day and all you get is light beer?Somethin' ain't right.Looks good tho.

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Nubbie said...

"Modern Twin Shock look out!"
Everybody better look out, and don't stand too close to the ribbon!!!

 
At 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn, since you're getting this close I guess it's time for me to start porting on your cylinder......

The Guru

 

Post a Comment

<< Home