Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Wild hair

Last Sunday Barry and I got wild hair to go fishin. So off we went. Storms forcasted for the afternoon , but the morning was great.. So we hooked up the boat and headed to the lake. The fishin was a little slow , but we did run up on this odd group of Duck's. They didn't seem to mind us casting right in front of them or the sight of the boat. After we past them the White duck went one way and the other ducks went the other. I guess they couldn't agree on where to go for lunch.
Later on we had done some looking around and I decided it was time to pass the torch so I told Barry to take the controls and I would sit in the back and fish , drink and bitch. Hey it's pretty cool in the back.
And now something completely different. This is a wild hare that lives under the bushes in front of my house. A young rabbit that is only seen when you run the mower to close or in the morning and just before dark.

Now he looks like any other rabbit I've ever seen , but I watched him one afternoon chase a mocking bird out of the yard not once , but twice. I couldn't believe it. Pretty funny.


7 Comments:

At 11:54 AM, Blogger Caulkboy said...

To all my fans:

Yes, that is the very same pole I used at Nash Farms to catch the Nash Farms record largemouth bass. Although on this particular day, my fishing pole was just something I'd hold on to in between swigs of beer.

 
At 9:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pole? Oh,man!! Maybe that's what I'm doing wrong.
No snakes on the terrain ? Hey,that could be a movie.

The Rick

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger Pee Wee said...

Hey fishing from the back means you ain't gotta' fight that trollin' motor, which I would be HORRIBLE at running.

It does seem like the guy in the back gets hung up more often though.....or maybe that's just me?

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Menonite Mike said...

Dick, you may be over qualified for the drinkin & bitchin.

 
At 6:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,hey,hey!!!!Nobody questions Tiger's creds when it comes to his game.

The Rick

 
At 6:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,hey,hey!!!!Nobody questions Tiger's creds when it comes to his game.

The Rick

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger Jessie Wallace said...

You Quack me up, Captain

 

Post a Comment

<< Home