Sunday, July 19, 2009

Weekend at Barry's

Today I went over to Barry's new house for a day of just about everything. When I got there in the morning Barry was working on building a work bench. So I helped him with that for a little while as we watched the British Open. Well you can only work so long and then you need to play a little while.
So off we went to the woods behind his house for a riding practice session in a cool creek we found a week ago. Plenty of rocks and steep banks that proved to be quite a challenge. This is Barry in the creek trying to make a tight turn in the rocks. I had a good time in here till I got a little to cocky and hit the big rock on the right and went over the bars. Let me tell you them there rocks are hard.

So we went back to the house , picked up some fishing poles and some beer and headed back out to do some fishing. We found this spot last week riding around and just had to try it. Not much of a Bass hole , but we did catch a couple of catfish.
Here is Barry with his catch. Only a pound and a half bigger than my fish. But what the hell its his house!! Barry has moved up the list of best places to live coming in at 4. The top 3 are R.Q. , Charlie Nash , Jessie Wallace. If you think you need to be in the top 5 let me know and I will bring my bike and fishing pole and go from there. Thanks Tansy for the BBQ. Sorry you missed it.


7 Comments:

At 9:42 PM, Blogger Pee Wee said...

Man, looking good!

You Dick, avoid that handlebar catapult at all cost!

Yeah, let me know whenever you need me to be on the board of the consulting team of the best places to live. I am seriously available. Have sleeping bag, will travel.....

 
At 8:44 AM, Anonymous Tansy Hadley said...

You are more than welcome for the BBQ....you and Barry did a great job in the garage. It looked amazing...

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger Jessie Wallace said...

Somewhere between that garage and that creek, there's room to grow some pickled oakra. That's all you need to make that place perfect.

 
At 1:14 PM, Anonymous The Rick said...

Is there room for a par three in there?

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger Caulkboy said...

Shopping list for perfect house:
1. Pickled oakra
2. English wheel
3. Airplane with hangar

You've got to give the post office some consideration for the perfect house. It's got a motorcycle museum, guitar museum, and skateboard museum. And that's just the living room!

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Menonite Mike said...

Man! Golf,beer,bikes,and fishin. Gettin close to a perfect day. Glad you kept the work to a minimum. The only thing missing is a jam session and yes, I am available.

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Brad said...

Barry, pencil me in for a weekend this fall.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home