Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Since things are slow at work I decided to take the week off and fish. I haven't had the boat out all year so I thought this would be a good time to get out on the lake and enjoy myself. Me and Linda hit the water about Seven Monday morning looking to fill the frig with some big cats. After a couple of hours of getting her hook out of the bushes and rocks I noticed that we were taking on water. Nothing big I just had to turn on the bilge pump for a couple of seconds and we were good. When we left the lake I didn't drain the water from the boat so that I could see where the leak was. When I got home I backed the boat in the garage and sure enough the hull was leaking from and old repair that was done by the previous owner. So I took the motor off and emptied the boat and with the help of Barry,Cody,Keith,Brent and me we managed to get it up on its side so that the repair could be preformed. Kind of a redneck setup , but it worked.
Yes this 2x12 is all that's holding the boat up. Pretty cool huh.
When I got er done Cody and I were able to let it back down in it's resting place on the trailer and put it back together and ready for the rest of the week. Ahoy Mates.

3 Comments:

At 11:14 AM, Anonymous The Rick said...

That last picture almost looks like Deane. :-)

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger SusanA said...

Good to know there's still fish in your future!

 
At 4:54 PM, Anonymous http://skatetruck.blogspot.com/ said...

Hey, that's what bilge pumps are for.

At least you've never caught the engine on fire.

Oh, wait.....

Pee Wee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home