Friday, April 14, 2006

Just talking

You know some times you just have to get away from things to talk and have a good time at the same time. Nate and I went out to the lake to do just that. We talked about everything from work to life and kids. I felt like the world was a better place after we talked.
One thing that pissed me off was while we were fishing a man ( and I use this term loosely ) pulled up and him and his son ( about 5 years old ) got out of their truck. The kid run right to the water and threw a Pringles can in the water. Now I know that kids love to throw things in the water. I have taken my grandson to do just that , but he threw rocks or sticks in the water that didn't hurt anything. The father of this kid didn't say a word and the can just floated there by the bank. When we got ready to leave I picked the can up out of the water and put it in the trash can that was about 8 feet from the spot were he threw it in. What really pissed me off was his dad didn't say a word about trashing up the lake and some day he might have to walk across the trash to get to the water if everybody uses the lake for a dump. I want everyone to take a kid fishin and teach them that the lake is not a land fill. If it is treated that way there will soon be a lot of land fills around and no lakes. If you take it with you , take it back with you. This isn't only fishing but what ever you do , in the woods or in the mall , do the right thing.

1 Comments:

At 9:07 PM, Blogger Pee Wee said...

Good blog. People don't have a clue......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home