Sunday, March 05, 2006

Gainesville

I made it home with all my body parts intact. What a beautiful weekend , temps in the 80s , sunshine , sweet. My friend Pee Wee won for his first national win. I came in 4th for my best showing at a national event , and our buddy Mennonite Mike (pictured above) finished 5th for a pretty good showing for the Tennessee group. We were high fiving each other and giggling like little school girls in the pits. Plenty of adult beverages followed. Thanks to Bob Ginder ( pictured below) for letting me tag along and enjoy the event and people that are associated with it. I got to hang out with Jim Pomeroy , ex pro moto-xer and Rik Smits, ex center for the Indiana Pacers. Both were really nice guys and fun to be around. If you have never seen a 7 foot man on a motorcycle you don't know what your missing. Now I have to get ready for the I.T.S.A. trials on the 18th in Dickson Tn. Come on down and watch the fun.

2 Comments:

At 8:34 AM, Blogger Pee Wee said...

Good blog, and a damn good time! Did you ever think we'd get to hang out and shoot the shit with Jim Pomeroy? Too cool!

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger cpt. Dick said...

Way COOL.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home